This video covers setting up your RightFax users to receive faxes and fax notifications as email message attachments instead of (or in addition to) receiving them in their FaxUtil mailboxes.
Hello my name is Jay Campbell with The Fax Guys for RightFax University. Today we will review configuring your RightFax users to receive faxes and fax notifications as email message attachments instead of (or in addition to) receiving them in their FaxUtil mailboxes. This video was recorded at 1280 by 720 resolution for High Definition and is best viewed in full screen mode.
To configure a user to receive faxes in email:
- In Enterprise Fax Manager, double-click the user to open the User Edit dialog box, and then click the Inbound Routing tab.
- In the Routing Type box, click your email gateway type.
- In the File Format box, click the file format RightFax uses for the fax attachment. There are various options to choose from here depending on your software version and licensing.
- In the Routing Info box enter the user’s SMTP email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select the Delete After Routing check box only if you want to delete the fax from the user’s FaxUtil mailbox after it is routed to email. If RightFax cannot route a fax to the destination email mailbox, it leaves the fax in the user’s FaxUtil mailbox regardless of how this option is set.
Email notification of faxes: The RightFax email gateways can be used to notify users of fax status. The installed gateway is not required to be configured to send and receive faxes. It can still notify users. The notification method can be configured for a user group by editing the group ID properties in Enterprise Fax Manager and setting the group Notification Type to the option that corresponds to your email gateway type.
To configure a user to receive fax notification in email:
- In Enterprise Fax Manager, double-click the user to open the User Edit dialog box, and click the Notification tab.
- In the Notification Method box, click your email gateway type.
- In the Notification Address/Info setting enter the user’s SMTP formatted email address. For example: email@example.com.
- From the Notifications about outbound faxes and Notifications about received faxes lists, choose the events that trigger notifications.
- Click OK when you are done.
That's it, now you can successfully route faxes and notifications to users' email boxes. Please check back for more videos covering the many facets of the RightFax software. The RightFax University library is a work under continual progress and we will be updating often.
This is Jay Campbell with The Fax Guys for RightFax University saying thank you for watching.