This video will walk you through the steps to send a fax from Microsoft Outlook using the RightFax plugin. We will also discuss some additional features available when sending a fax from Outlook.
This video is best viewed in full screen mode.
RightFax installs a special form in Outlook 2010 that allows you to send a fax as easily as sending an email.
To Send a Document Using the RightFax Form
1. Open the RightFax Form by clicking the Send a fax button on the Outlook ribbon.
2. In the Fax Addressing tab, on the bottom of the form, fill in the required (bold) fields and click the To button.
3. On the To: line, the recipient information will appear in a special format. Complete the Subject line, the message body, and add any desired file attachments.
4. Click Send to send the fax.
To Send a Document to a Contact in Your Outlook Contacts List
1. Go to the Outlook Contacts area.
2. Select the contacts you would like to send a fax to. Note: the contact’s information must include a fax number.
3. Click the Fax button on the Outlook ribbon.
4. On the To: line, the recipient information will appear in a special format. Complete the Subject line, the message body, and add any desired file attachments.
5. Click Send to send the fax.
To Include a Cover Sheet with Your Document
1. Open the RightFax form by clicking the Send a fax button and select the Cover Sheet tab.
2. Click Use Cover Sheet to use a cover sheet, and then select a cover sheet from the dropdown menu.
Library documents are frequently used documents that your fax administrator has stored on the server for easy access.
Marketing materials, price lists, and product specifications are commonly stored as library documents.
To Attach Library Documents
1. Open the RightFax Form by clicking the Send a fax button and select the Sending Options tab.
2. Under Document Options click Add Library Document. This opens a list of the library documents on your network.
3. Select the library document(s) that you would like to add and click the paperclip button to add them to the fax. They will appear in the Selected Library Documents pane.
4. Click OK to return to the RightFax Form.
In addition, you can add also add form overlays or billing codes to your outbound faxes from Outlook as well.
A form overlay is an image to your fax that is layered over the top of the rest of information on the fax. Form Overlays can be customized to add elements to a fax such as company letterhead, invoice templates, or watermarks.
Billing codes allow an administrator to identify the sender, the recipient or the content of the fax for reporting purposes.
That's it for faxing from Microsoft Outlook with RightFax.
If you have further questions or concerns about sending faxes with Outlook, get in touch with The Fax Guys and we will be happy to assist.
This is Jay Campbell with The Fax Guys for RightFax University saying thank you for watching and please visit us again. RightFax University is a work under continual progress and we update often.