Hello, welcome to the RightFax University Crash Course.
This video will demonstrate how to resend faxes showing a display status of 'Fax blocked from dialing phone number'.
In FaxUtil, faxes display a status of 'Fax blocked from dialing phone number'.
Faxes normally do not retry (unlike other failed statuses, which will retry several times) and cannot be re-sent.
The status "Fax blocked from dialing phone number" prevents a user from using the Update Status option (also Ctrl+K, or 'kick').
This indicates that Faxes are blocked because of Dialing Rules.
The status of the fax will need to be manually changed before it can be retried. To do this:
- Select the fax in FaxUtil.
- Press Alt+Enter to bring up the Fax Information window.
- Scroll down to the Fax Status field.
- Click on the value in the field.
- Wait a second.
- Click again (this will highlight the value in the field).
- Delete the highlighted data.
- Press Enter.
- Do the same for the data in the Fax Error Code field.
- Click OK.
- FaxUtil will inform you that you have changed data on the fax. Click Yes to continue.
- The fax status will change to Initial Processing.
Once this procedure is finished, the fax can now be 'kicked' using Ctrl+K.
That's it for faxes stuck in the status of 'Fax blocked from dialing phone number'.
Thanks for watching.