This video shows you how to resolve an error with the RightFax Connect service that prevents you from sending and receiving faxes.
In RightFax, when you use RightFax Connect, faxes no longer send or receive, and the following error appears in the Windows Event Viewer:
RTS Receive: Error communicating with RightFax Connect. Problem communicating with the RightFax Telephony Service: An error occurred while making the HTTP request to https://messaging.easylink.com/soap/sync. This could be due to the fact that the server certificate is not configured properly with HTTP.SYS in the HTTPS case. This could also be caused by a mismatch of the security binding between the client and the server.
Browsing to https://messaging.easylink.com/soap/sync is successful as seen in the following screenshot:
The security certificate needs to be reinstalled with the following steps:
1. Stop the RightFax Doctransport service
2 Using Internet Explorer browse to https://messaging.easylink.com/soap/sync
3. Click on Safety > Security Report
4. On the dialog pop up click on View Certificates as shown here:
5. On the next screen click on Install Certificate
6. Proceed through the Certificate Import Wizard by clicking Next - DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING
7. On the final screen of the Certificate Import Wizard click on Finish
8. If this is successful you will see this final message displayed:
9. Click on OK to close
10. Close Internet Explorer
11. Start the Doctransport Service
The error message can be displayed if the security certificate becomes corrupt. Cause of corruption is unknown.
As always if you have any questions about this topic or any topic in the world of faxing let us know at The Fax Guys, we are always happy to help.