This video will show you the Advanced Search feature new to RightFax 16 FaxUtil client.
New to RightFax 16 EP2 FaxUtil is the Advanced Search feature. This feature allows you to search for text in multiple fields, while applying filters.
Note that the Advanced Search and FaxUtil Administrative Mode are mutually exclusive, starting Advanced Search deselects Administrative Mode.
To perform and advanced search:
1. Click Advanced Search.
2. On the Filter tab, specify the filters to apply.
3. On the Find tab, in each box for a field you want to search, and enter the search text.
4. Click Search.
To clear the search:
l. Click Clear Results. If the list was in Administrative Mode before the search, the list is returned to non-Administrative Mode.
Specifying the filters:
The default filter settings include your own received and sent faxes, including viewed and printed ones, independent of the method of
delivery and status.
To open the filter settings:
l. Click the Filter tab.
To search a specific folder in your mailbox:
l. With the My own faxes check box selected, next to the Folder box, click . Select the folder, and then click OK.
To exclude your own fax mailbox:
l. Clear the My own faxes check box, and under Other Users and Groups, specify the mailboxes to search.
To search other user's mailboxes, Do one of the following:
l. To search all mailboxes to which you have access, click All users to which I have administrator or delegate access.
2. To search only mailboxes of specific users, click Only these users, and then select users, groups, or both:
Next to the Users box, click . In the list, select a user to add, and then click Add. Repeat as needed, and then click OK.
Next to the Groups box, click . In the list, select a group to add, and then click Add. Repeat as needed, and then click OK.
To limit the faxes by date/time, Do one of the following:
l. To include only faxes sent since a specific date or time, select the Start Date and Time check box, and then select a date and
2. To include only faxes sent before a specific date or time, select the End Date and Time check box, and then select a date and
3. To include only faxes sent in a specific time frame, select the Start Date and Time and the End Date and Time check
boxes, and select a date and time for each.
To customize the Workflow, Delivery, and Status filters:
1. Under Workflow, select the Received, the Sent, or both check boxes. By default, both are selected.
2. To not include faxes that have been viewed or printed, clear the Viewed and Printed check boxes respectively.
3. Under Delivery, clear the check boxes of the delivery methods you want to exclude. By default Fax, Email, SMS, and Certified
Delivery are selected.
4. Under Status, clear the check box of each status you want to exclude.
To restore the default selections, Click Reset.
To enter the search text:
l. Enter text by which to search in any of the listed boxes. Note that you can enter full or partial text listings here. Again, To restore the default entries Click Reset.
We hope this introduction to the new Advanced Search feature in RightFax 16 helps you utilize this powerful option for a more efficient search process for your administrators and users.
As always if you have any questions about this topic or any topic in the world of faxing let us know at The Fax Guys, we are always happy to help.