This video shows you how to resolve an error with the RightFax Connect service that prevents you from sending and receiving faxes.
RTS Receive: Error communicating with RightFax Connect. Problem communicating with the RightFax Telephony Service: An error occurred while making the HTTP request to https://messaging.easylink.com/soap/sync. This could be due to the fact that the server certificate is not configured properly with HTTP.SYS in the HTTPS case. This could also be caused by a mismatch of the security binding between the client and the server.
Browsing to https://messaging.easylink.com/soap/sync is successful as seen in the following screenshot:
The security certificate needs to be reinstalled with the following steps:
1. Stop the RightFax Doctransport service
2 Using Internet Explorer browse to https://messaging.easylink.com/soap/sync
3. Click on Safety > Security Report
4. On the dialog pop up click on View Certificates as shown here:
5. On the next screen click on Install Certificate
6. Proceed through the Certificate Import Wizard by clicking Next - DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING
7. On the final screen of the Certificate Import Wizard click on Finish
8. If this is successful you will see this final message displayed:
9. Click on OK to close