This video will show you how to troubleshoot a specific error with the Sync Module in RightFax 10.6
In RightFax 10.6, you may encounter an issue with the Sync Module where it no longer seems to be creating new user accounts when the scsheduled sync runs. How can you confirm and troubleshoot the problem?
Debug the Sync Module
To run the Sync Module in debug, do the following:
1. Stop the Sync Module in Enterprise Fax Manager if it is currently running. Then right-click and open the Sync Module configuration.
2. Go to the “logging” tab and click on the first item in the message categories window. Now scroll down to the bottom of the list and hold down “Shift” on your keyboard and then click on the last item in the list. Now change the dropdown here to “verbose”. I’d recommend changing these all to “error” after you’ve finished with the debugging.
3. Go to the “General” tab and click on the first sync mapping in the mappings table. Now click the “edit” button to the right of the window. Change the selection for “Schedule” to “continuously” and then click “ok”. Repeat this step if you have additional mappings in your mapping table.
4. Click the “apply” button and then click the X in the top right corner to exit the Sync Module configuration.
5. Right-click on the Sync Module from the list of services in Enterprise Fax Manager and select the “debug” option.
In our debug, we found the following error which mentions a “concurrency violation”. The fix for this is simple.
1. Close your debug window and open the Sync Module configuration again. Take note of your “Sync Mapping” configuration (a screenshot is a quick way to do this) and then select your mapping here and click the “Delete” button on the right. Now click the “apply” and then “ok” buttons.
2. Re-open the Sync Module configuration and re-create your mapping by clicking “new” and then making sure your “source”, “destination” and “Transform File” are the ones you need to use. Select your “Schedule” and then click “ok” to add to the mappings table. If you have multiple mappings, it may be necessary to repeat this for each one.
3. Go to the “logging” tab and click on the first item in the message categories window. Now scroll down to the bottom of the list and hold down “Shift” on your keyboard and then click on the last item in the list. Now change the dropdown here to “error”. Now click the “apply” and “ok” buttons to close the Sync Module configuration. This should also automatically start the Sync Module again.
The next time your scheduled sync runs, you should see your new users were brought over in the sync.
This is Michael with RightFax University saying thank you for watching and please visit us again. The RightFax University is a work under continual progress and we update often.